Launching November 1st 2017!
Welcome to our RenderStorm woRXstation help page where you can get basic information and links on our new Remote Access Services. Lets get started!
First of all you will need to register for an account. You can do this here:
After you register, you will receive an email or call from our customer service department. If you receive an email, it will contain instructions and login information to access our service.
2. Download - Remote Access Software
Next, download the RenderStorm Remote Access Software.
Install the software and then login to your Remote Desktop at RenderStorm. Use the Login and Password provided with your account and you may have received by email.
3. Download - Our FTP File Transfer Software.
The RenderStorm FTP File Transfer Software uses UDP transfer protocol and is much faster than normal FTP/TCP connections. It features Highly secure 256-bit AES data encryption and will maximize your bandwidth when uploading/downloading to the RenderStorm Farm.
If you decide to use another FTP software like Filezilla, you will disable the UDP transfer protocol and default to TCP transfer protocol.
Our FTP Software requires the following firewall ports to be open: TCP 30303-30304 and UDP 5001-5009. Please ensure that these ports are open on both your local system and your corporate firewall/router.
4. Login to your Remote Access Workstation
Login with the RenderStorm Remote Access Software to your workstation and you will see our dashboard as below:
- Launch your favorite applications. A pull down menu will appear and you will see all available versions. You will also see all plugins and versions installed for that software. Just click on the version you want to launch the application.
- Your Scene. This is your upload directory and where you will be uploading your scenes/projects.
- Your Frames. Save your frames/output to this directory which is your download directory.
- FAQ. Get help from our FAQ or knowledgebase. Here you will also be able to submit a support ticket.
- Deadline. Push on the deadline button to launch Thinkbox Deadline Monitor. Here you can monitor your jobs on the farm in realtime with the powerful Deadline Render Manager Software.
Deadline monitor shown above.