C4D Quickstart C4D Plugin Features
• Cloud render directly from within your C4D application
• Simple and easy to use intuitive Graphical User Interface
• Supports Multi-Pass and XREF file types
• Supports VRAY, Physical and Standard Prepass GI rendering
• Supports Camera motion only. Moving Camera, Lights and Objects GI under development
• Supports VRAY and Arnold Renderer
• Preflight check includes checking your scene for missing elements/materials, collection and preparation of assets and checks your scene for plugins and compares with plugins available on RenderStorm farm.
• Supports Cinema 4D R16 thru R18
1. First you will need to register for a RenderStorm account. Go to:https://cloud.renderstorm.com/Register.aspx
2. You will receive an email with a link to download our installer.
3. Login to your account. Use the user name and password you choose when you registered.
4. After you have logged into the Cloud User Application, the application will then search your system for your C4D installation. If your C4D installation is not in the default location/path of your hard drive, you will need to manually input the root location/path. First make sure you are logged into the Cloud User Application. You can do this by clicking on the cloud in the system tray and then clicking on connect to render farm service.
Then choose: >preferences
From the preferences screen, choose >Plugin Manager and then Right click and choose: >Add to manually set the location to the root directory of your C4D application.
1. to render with the C4D plugin first startup Cinema4D, open a scene you would like to render and then click: >Plugins >Renderstorm. The Plugin will launch as below.
Make sure you are connected to the Renderfarm with a Green Check Sign as above. If you are not connected it will look like below. Just start the Cloud User Interface and push submit when you are connected.
2. Next, choose a render job name, export and output directories. If left blank the plugin will create them for you.
3. Choose between Standard-1.00X, Medium Low-1.25X, Medium -1.5X, Medium High -1.75X, Medium 2.0X queue priorities.
4. Choose the Delivery Method: On Frame Completion = As each frame completes it is downloaded. On Job Completion = Delivers all the frames when the job is completed.
5. Choose the name of your project and also the image format. Click on Multipass if you are using Multipass in your C4D render settings.
6. Frame and Resolution settings can be set to overide the internal C4D render settings.
The RenderStorm plugin can either run GI prepass jobs automatically or manually.
1. Automatic > Camera Motion Only
If you are rendering a scene with VRAY GI and only your camera is moving in the scene, choose GI Setup Mode >Camera Motion Only. The RenderStorm farm will generate the prepass (LC and IRR maps) and final render steps necessary. You can choose your prepass stepping (for IRR maps). For scenes with minimal movement we recommend a prepass step of 25. For scenes with more movement this should be reduced accordingly. This can save render cost/time by only rendering the frames necessary. The plugin supports, IRR, LC, Brute Force, Photon maps in both primary and secondary bounces.
2. Automatic> Moving Camera, Lights and Objects
If you are rendering a scene with moving cameras, lights and objects, we recommend using Gi Animation Type > Moving Camera, Lights and Objects
3. GI Setup Mode > Manual
Choose this mode if you would manually like to manually render your Global Ilummination prepasses.
Tile Rendering is under Beta Construction. Call us for details.